"...The supply ship at the B naval port has been attacked by missiles and awaiting rescue, and American stealth bombers have devastated 2 of People's Liberation Marines forward alert bases"
Just another day in class at the war simulation center of the Logistics Command Academy of the People’s Liberation Army.
Next up on the extra sextraliscious baby curriculum may very well be the joint military hook up betwixt Great Satan and SoKo getting scoped out by a concerned Collectivist China.
Starring USS George Washington and future air dominance combat jet F22, China isn't fooled by any faux Dear Leader NoKo knockout plots or Nipponese feel good stunts!
"This exercise will take place in the Yellow Sea, which is the entry point to China's house, and they obviously want to show off their military strength"
And to be fair - Red China has a point.
This Operation is nom d'guerr'd "Invincible Spirit"
“In all, over a hundred aircraft will fly in the event. Invincible Spirit will include a variety of training opportunites – flight operations from the carrier, there will be an air defense exercise, strike exercises and opportunities for passing exercises.”
“Anti-submarine warfare is also included in the exercise with both ROK and U.S. Navy ships and P-3 aircraft participating”
At the end of the exercise, there will be a counter special forces exercise. “These occur with some frequency in both the East and West Seas, conducted by the ROK and U.S. Navy.”
It may be closer to the truth to paint "Invincible Spirit" as a big part of Great Satan's "AirSea Battle" designer ops (pdf - hefty - yet perfect for the beach) designed by future cats at Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assesments.
AirSea Battle campaign has two stages. Stage 1, commencing with the outbreak of hostilities, comprises four distinct lines of operation:
- Withstanding the initial attack and limiting damage to US and allied forces
- Executing a blinding campaign against PLA battle networks;
- Executing a suppression campaign against PLA long-range ISR and strike
- Seizing and sustaining the initiative in the air, sea, space and cyber domains
- Executing a protracted campaign that includes sustaining and exploiting the initiative in various domains;
- Conducting “distant blockade” operations;
- Sustaining operational logistics; and
- Ramping up industrial production (especially precision-guided munitions).
"...All elements of an eventual AirSea Battle concept — irrespective of their origin — will require real-world experimentation and testing before being adopted.
And Operation Invincible Spirit may be a really cool start!