One of the benefits of spreading enlightenment, civilization and totin' the man's burden in a Westphalian nation/state Empire way is all the cool kids that totally cotton to timeless ideals like fun and free choice.
Kinda like Taliban killer Corporal Dipprasad Pun. Keeping the air alive with hot lead when Taliban over ran a British Army Check Point in the Stan, Corporal Pun was determined to kill every last one of them.
Pun fired more than 400 rounds, launched 17 grenades and detonated a mine to repel the Taliban assault on his checkpoint near Babaji in Helmand Province, southern Afghanistan, last September.What a guy!
Surrounded, the enemy opened fired from all sides and for 15 minutes Pun remained under continuous attack, including from rocket-propelled grenades and AK47 guns.
At one point, unable to shoot, he used his machine gun tripod to knock down a militant who was climbing the walls of the compound.
Two insurgents were still attacking by the time he ran out of ammunition, but he set off a Claymore mine to repel them.
He was awarded Great Britain's Conspicuous Gallantry Cross (CGC) by Queen Elizabeth II , which is given in recognition of acts of conspicuous gallantry during active operations against the enemy.
"I had so many of them around me that I thought I was definitely going to die so I thought I'd kill as many of them as I could before they killed me"
The Council has spoken, the votes have been cast, and the results are in for this week, carved eternally in the records of cyberspace.
- *First place with 3 votes! The Political Commentator–-A Memorial Day story of unimaginable inspiration!
- Second place 2 votes – The Razor-Occam’s Razor Unnecessary To Cut Short Weiner
- Third Place with 1 2/3 votes – Joshuapundit-The Fruits Of The Obama Doctrine – Poland Distances Itself From The US
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD-Monsters Abroad
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – Bookworm Room-Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharsin
- Fourth place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Noisy Room – You Will Respect My Authoritah!
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote – The Colossus Of Rhodey – The lamenting of the dearth of authentically black politicians
- Fifth place *t* with 1 vote – Simply Jews – Oklahoma Republican vs National Science Foundation
- Sixth place with 1/3 vote – The Glittering Eye – WWII with Chinese Characteristics
- First place with 2 votes! – WarChick.Com - Twice In One Daysubmitted by Rhymes with Right
- Second place with 1 1/3 votes – Wired/Danger Room – One Brain, Hundreds of Eyes: Darpa Plots Manhunt Master Controller submitted by Right Truth
- Third place *t* with 1 vote -Israel News – Dangerous diversions and vainglorious victors submitted by Simply Jews
- Third place *t* with 1 vote -The Diplomat – How to Track China’s Navy Ambitions submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Third place *t* with 1 vote -Newsbusters – D.C. Liberals Sign Petition to Ban Conservative Websites submitted by Bookworm Room
- Third place *t* with 1 vote -Don Surber – So quit acting like paparazzi submitted by The Watcher
- Third place *t* with 1 vote -Victor Davis Hanson – An Honest Obama Campaign submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -The Foundry – On the Budget: Ryan 40, Obama Zip, Senate Dems—No Show submitted by The Colossus Of Rhodey
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Iowahawk – Help Me Bring The Weiner Hacker To Justice submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Gulag Bound – Left West, Right West, and Other Matters of Balance submitted by New Zeal
- Fourth place *t* with 2/3 vote -Via Meadia – It’s Official: California Is a Failed State submitted by The Watcher
- Fifth place with 1/3 vote -Big Jounalism/ Dan Riehl – Weiner Tweet Stream Disputes His Version, Raises Questions submitted by Snapped Shot