Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Love Affair With Great Satan's Girlfriend



It has recently come to my attention that it was exactly one year ago that we first became cognizant of that inimitable and outrageous (but always on target) Courtney -- better know as Great Satan's Girlfriend.

I know it's not just me who is in love with her, I've got a lot of company, and it's not just guys. It's everyone whose had the good fortune to read her prescient, knowledgeable and wildly original articles on GSG. And, in what might be a true test of character -- all the women bloggers in our blogosphere love her too.

Just ask Spree of Wake Up America, or Miss Beth of Miss Beth's Victory Dance, or Deb Hamilton of Right Truth. And I could go on and on.

"Semi charmed, self absorbed, self centered, Machiavellian, manipulative, cruel,precious, conniving, deceitfully sweet, materialistic, narcissistic, jealous, hedonistic, stuck up, semi retarded, wishful, lazy, spoiled, high maintenance ne’er do well pixie with a penchant for immense libraries, depleting strategic cash reserves and wrecking cars every 9 months..."
And that's just for starters --For those of you out there who haven't yet had the pleasure, meet Great Satan's Girlfriend.

One of the most exciting bloggers you're going to find in this infinite, but all-too-often unremarkable blogosphere. Smart, sassy, incredibly well-informed and connected, GsGf has created a whole new language for political bloggers, backed up by impeccable research and a fearless, piercing intellect. And -- she's sexy.

Sounds like I'm a little biased, doesn't it?

I'm not biased; I just love her.

From that very first surprising paragraph, I was hopelessly smitten -- as I predict you will be too. Recently CM was interviewed by a Pakistani journalist.
Now, I don't know about you, but I don't know that many people who've been interviewed by Pakistani journalists lately.
See what I mean?

Here's one of the first questions:

What do you think sets Your site apart from others?


"My unbridled optimism. My passion armed to the teeth with facts, history and a wonderful fully crunk smartassticness that will probably be appreciated more if I could snag more readers."
Now, honestly, who else do you know who talks like this?

There's a good reason why we love you Courtney -- no, many good reasons. But one of them to me is your utter fearlessness. And, if you will, your personal "audacity". You take the English language and mold it to your needs -- if the perfect word or phrase doesn't exist you just invent your own.

You keep going at a creative breakneck speed and unlike us old fogeys, you never hesitate and you never stop to look behind you. You just crash headlong into our consciousness at the speed of light and we, your audience, your admirers, are left in breathless wonder of you.

In short, you're just a little better than incredible.

Happy Anniversary Courtney Dear! And may you have at least eighty more!

With love and affection all ways, RoGeRbAbE!

2 comments:

GrEaT sAtAn'S gIrLfRiEnD said...

RoGeRbAbE! Hey there! Thank you very much for this - it is precious - just like you.

I never would have started this crazy thing if you hadn't been nigh relentless in cajoling, pushing, pulling and encouraging me.

I never thought anyone would ever bother with it or even care. Yet you saw something in me and you believed in me - even when I had doubts - you never did.

I appreciate and value that faith you had in me. And I always will.

Your influence will be with me always.

Smooth said...

I want to wish my dear GF congratulations and best wishes for success in ALL of your future endeavors on the web and abroad. You are one of the brightest stars in the blogosphere and I am so proud of you and proud to know you. G-d Bless you, Courtney.